Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Wonderful World of Luby's

My Christmas break thus far has not seemed like a break. Between traveling to see family, and working odd hours, I seem to be going non-stop. I must say though, Luby's has been much more fun the second time around (the first being in high school). More of the employees are closer to my age (as opposed to being the youngest by at least ten years), and since I know my time here is short (have to be back January 13), I've just tried to enjoy myself.
My fellow co-workers are great people to get to know, and absolutely fascinating, mostly because they are from a completely different world than I am. We are not of the same race, social class, moral/religious beliefs, or even the same language! Our only common ground is our employment at Luby's, but that seems to be enough to share laughter and have the occasional serious discussion. I think no matter who we are, we have to have something in common with the people we hang out with, and although it often seems to divide into ethnicity and social class, it doesn't always have to be that way.

Till next time.... (hopefully not a couple of weeks)
Dan Reiter

3 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, the beauty of diversity. It's a wonderful thing, and often forgotten. That's cool you're doing that...
MWR

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, It's Bowser. I have to post anonymously because I don't have an "account" and I don't want one, but I do look at your site and you should know that. Fun to read your thoughts. Your very deep...like that trench in the middle of the ocean.

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan you are hot. I will not put my name for fear of being figured out... Jk its Derek. Miss you man! see you soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home