Monday, December 06, 2004

Hello?

Hello everyone, I hope finals are treating all my fellow college students well.

A small brief on the weekend: I went camping this weekend at Lady Bird Johnson and visited Enchanted Rock on the side. It was a good amount of fun, although slightly cold. I could probably write an entire post on this subject, but I thinkSean Raybuck (www.livejournal.com/users/seanraybuck) beat me to it.

The highlight of the past two days was a gift from my friend and roommate, Sam Hunt -- a "cell phone"! It has buttons that make noises and internet acces (although it is dial up, but I'll take what I can get). What really struck me is that everyone commented on my hatred of cell phones. I did accuse them of being the spawn of satan in an earlier post, but perhaps my words were too harsh. I don't really hate cell phones, but I can become frustrated with them, such as when people ignore me in favor of the person that just called them, and the idea of being roped into a two year contract where I have to pay $40-50 a month does not excite me (the money statement should keep most people from giving me a hard time, since their parents pay the bills, but alas it doesn't).So the big question -- will I ever get a cell phone. I don't really know. Hopefully, a few friends and I will all live in a house next fall, and depending on the cost of a house phone, I may have to crater to the demands of a high-tech society and purchase a cell phone.

As I try to remain in the stone age
-Dan Reiter

For these momentary, ligh affliction are producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison. 2 Corinthians 4:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home