Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Your Face!!!

Hey everyone,
I'm back again, and this time without the two week delay. Lastnight I discovered the adventure known as Face Book (www.thefacebook.com). I had some friends telling me about over Thanksgiving, and I quietly rolled my eyes, thinking how lame this website had to be, but last night, courtesy of my friend and roommate, Sam Hunt, I caught a great wave surfing this website (forgive me for the cheesy metaphor). I recognized a few friends on the site, so I created my own username and spent a solid hour listing who knows how many people as my friends. I definitely caught the bug. To everyone who has not been to the Face Book -- beware!! Before you know it, it may have sucked away a good portion of your life, chatting to old friends through a computer as opposed to hanging out in real life.

Now for my story, I don't know how long this is going to end up being, but I hope it entertains. Sit back and enjoy while I make everything up as I go.


Rugby Ball of Death

It was a beautiful starry night, a cool seventy-five degrees -- neither too hot or too cold. The perfect night for a CRU barbecue at Bobcat Village. About thirty or forty people made appearances through out the night. Their smiling, laughing faces somewhat blurry in my memory, as if in a dream. Jazz music floats around our ankles.
The tranquility of the night is shortly ended with a thud more felt than heard. Everyone looks around in confusion. Suddenly, a guy in a green Reliant K t-shirt shouts out, "It's a flying saucer!" I roll my eyes in annoyance, "Sam, give me a break."
"No, I'm serious!" We all look in the direction he's pointing, and twenty feet away, partially buried in the ground, is a... saucer. We reluctantly approach the disk as it emanated an intense heat.
"Does that say NASA?" asked a Caucasian male with an unusually dark tan.
"I think it is," I responded. "Is it an escape hatch?"
We all exchange looks of uncertainty.

[fade to black]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home