Monday, May 16, 2005

The Stay thus Far

Well, I'm one day shy of being in Houston for a week. Sunday was a good day and gave me some hope for the upcoming months. It turns out that more people than I realized will be home, and thus I'll have somewhat of a social life; I'll probably be hanging out with my former youth pastor is in "retirement mode" at the age 30. He's in somewhat of a transition period, since him and his wife will be living in London three months from now.

Still haven't found a job, which means maybe I won't have a social life since I have no money to spend (this is the first time I can honestly say that). I've been trying to be somewhat productive by reading a couple of books, right now I'm working through Pilgrim's Progress, which is just as good the second time around as the first.

On a sidenote, went to the Houston Art Car parade last Saturday, and I'd have to say that Houston gave Austin a run for its money as far as weirdness goes. People from all walks of life attended the show, and it seemed that with all the art driving around on wheels, it was time for the hippies to come out. I saw one lady actually wearing a coconut bikini. There were some other guys who dressed up like aborigines, which means wearing extremely revealing shorts and covering oneself in white mud. Their car/motorcycle thingy was in the shape of a giant 10ft tall drum with a platform about half way up to walk around on. Who knew that such interesting people lived here? I thought this place was only filled with yuppies.

That's all for now, keep it real.

PS- MW Rice, I think you're the only one reading this, b/c you're the only person I told about the revival of the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home