Thursday, October 21, 2004

Technology and Me

Well, I have decided that I'm not a big fan of technology, technology feels the same way about me. This is my second attempt at this post, after the computer in the library froze up on me.
In my first attempt I bassically said that I have no technology. I have no car, no computer, and no cellphone. I do have a PDA, but you cannnot write papers on it, make calls, or drive it to HEB for groceries. It's a glorified Rolodex.

I also have an answering machine, and that was what this post originally was supposed to be about, but now the moment is gone. Just know that my message changes regularly, so call me often to catch the new wave. It is possible that somehow someday I will get a car, but I have to say, cell phones are from the devil. Okay, maybe not, but is it really necessary for people to get ahold of me 24/7? I don't think so. It'll also save you $360 - $840 a year. That's a lot of money. Buy a semesters worth of books for that. Anyways, that's my small soap box. Hope that you visit us again!

Till Next Time...
Dan

3 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger MW Rice said...

What's up man-
Great introductory post. I believe the blog dialogues could one day become a reality. It's much better than talking on a diabolical cell phone. I'm gonna put a quick blog up myself. Peace.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Sean Raybuck said...

Dan, that's funny man. I think if you had a cell phone, you'd be on it all the time b/c your just SO popular.. with the ladies.

This is cool that we are all writing online.. unfortunately we aren't all using the same journal system, but that is alright. Seriously, there really is something to writing down your thoughts (and have others read and comment on them). It really challenges you to think in a different way.

I don't think we neccesarily have to write philosophically to get a point accross. Sometimes simplicity is best, and I think it is always interesting to look at just dialy ongoings, and to see our own thought process in all of the fray. Big words used to just make us sound smarter are really taking away from just the genuiness i think is important in writing, and anything that you do in real life for that matter.

Sean Raybuck

P.S. -- Where were you guys last night? You call and say your coming over, Ask for directions, Ask for my apartment number. Then u tell me you will be over shortly, and u never show up. Where were yall? I was worried sick! I hope you guys didn't stand me up..

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PDA ... always make me think of public displays of affection hahahahahahaha. And you said thats all you have. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home