Friday, November 05, 2004

I'm a Nerd

It is official. I am a nerd. There is no avoiding it, and I wonder why I didn't realize it sooner. My first hint should have been Geometry in 10th grade. I was about to take a test, and I was very uncertain on the material, but right before class someone worked out a problem for me and it all clicked! I finished the test in fifteen minutes and I knew I aced it. I was pumped and excited, and then I got the test back -- 107!!! Man what a rush.

Four years later, I'm taking History 1320. For some reason, I don't do too well in this class. I'd be happy with a C, quite honestly. So I had a test today, which I studied for through out the week (I even missed Ultimate Frisbee, to my friends' dismay) and I was very nervous. But I walked into the classroom this morning very calmly (I'm so thankful that I don't typically have test anxiety). Our professor passed out the tests, and I began. Guess what? I nailed that sucker to the wall!!! I was 100% certain on 85% of the fill in the blank (if that makes any sense) and I owned up on that essay. Who knows about Truman and the Cold War??? I do baby!!! I won't get a grade for another week or two, but boy do I have an adrenaline rush. I think I'm going to go out and buy a pair of horn-rimmed glasses and some pocket protectors.

Till next time...
Dan Reiter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home