Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I'm so confused!

Well, here's a post that I've been wanting to put up for some time, and have now decided to follow through. No, it's not about cars or college. It's, yes that's right, about girls! Now before you roll your eyes and close this window, stick with me for a few more lines. This isn't going to be the bitter rant about how girls are from the devil and guys should avoid them at all cost. In fact I'd like to say something to all those guys: Get over it! Sure, you've been hurt, but don't tell me you're completely innocent of hurting a girl. Yeesh. Actually, this post isn't so much about girls as it is to how guys act around girls (particularly the ones they like), which is to say very strangly. Men (as well as women) are fairly rational creatures capable of high levels of thought and can write books such as Liberty (Mill) or Miracles (C.S. Lewis). We can make good grades on test and do simple automotive maintence and get PhD, etc etc. As soon as a woman comes into the picture, all that goes out the window. I've heard guys say really stupid things in regards to girl (ie: "I could marry this girl," which sounds really nice, until a year later, he doesn't even want to talk to the girl). And nothing weakens the resolve of a guy more than a girl. He can say one thing in regards to his relationship one week and go completely against it the next week. I'd go into more specifics, but this is on the world wide web, so I'll refrain.
I guess the one thing to take from this is: girls if you want to hook up with a guy, you're going to need lots of patience, otherwise it's going to be a very frustrating. Of course, I've never really had a serious relationship, but anyways....

Another question that lingers in my mind is: why do girls want to marry us? We are probably one of the grossest creatures around. I have a few friends of mine who opened a bottle of hot sauce and left it out for two months! Their coffee and bread were also growing mold. When we're bored, we light farts for entertainment (okay, they're a minority, but still...). If a girl heard locker room stories, I'm sure she'd want to be a cloistered nun for the rest of her life.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I apologize if any of that sounded bitter, I'm mainly just confused.
Till next time...
Dan Reiter



3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Confused,
All the rest of your blogs have posted comments and confused looked lonely with its big 0, so here is one. And everything starts with one

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't live with them but you can't live without them.

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan there are somethings that can never be explaned. like where the missing sock goes, is the moon really made of cheese and why women cause us to act in the rediculous ways we do.
-Sam L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home