Thursday, December 08, 2005

Giver of Good Gifts

Luke 11:11- 13
"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

I read this passage the other day and was struck by a realization. What would happen if we as believers prayed for His Spirit without ceasing? I questioned why I am in a continual rut of procrastination, and it is because I'm not relying on him. I take his gifts for granted, and depend on my own strength.
If only we would abandon our own strength for His power, that we would drop our petty pursuits and trivial things for his eternity! He has so much he wants to give to us. Why don't we receive it? We do not ask, we are content with where we are at. We are satisfied with our walk with the Lord, even though the Lord is filled with endless wonder and beauty.

I would love to end this with a verse describing his majesty, but my inadequacy again reveals itself in that I cannot think of any.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Sean Raybuck said...

Dan I like it, my friend Tim told me something like that just the other day. We don't ask, thus we don't recieve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home