Wednesday, December 21, 2005

No rest for winter break

All right, so the title is a slight exageration, but the past couple of days have been a lot of work, mainly for my uncle, a shoes sellsman. But if I were to complain, I should be repeatedly kicked in the ribs: I get paid over eight bucks an hour, including lunch break, and he buys me lunch as well. If only all my highschool/summer jobs were as great as this.

I went to the mall for Christmas shopping the other day, and I remembered how much I hate those places. A flood of people who I don't know. Conversations, noise, food smell, etc is so overwhelming. I can't even imagine how a tribal missionary would feel after spending three years in Africa. Would probably leave the USA asap. And kiosk are "the worst." All these lonely sells people, trying to sell cell phone face plates and hair products. I feel like I should acknowledge them, but then they'll want to throw me their pitch about their product, so I avoid eye contact at all cost (sorry Sam).

I may not do the "five things" game, but I'll throw out some numbers.

Number of Kiosk people I avoided: 5
Number of Gifts bought a week before Christmas: 4
Number of pants/shorts torn b/c of slack lining: 3
Number of near near near death experiences: 2
Websight that I should avoid like the plauge: Facebook

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Jordan_Ryan_Stewart said...

Ah man I had to work at the mall (Temple and Highland Malls) two summers ago. Not my favorite place, I didn't really like them to begin with. I'm defintely glad I don't have to work at one any more. It's depressing spending so much time in the cathedrials of our national religion of Consumerism.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home