Monday, June 06, 2005

And it Begins

I spent my weekend in the Gainesville area to attend the wedding of one of my cousins, who is now Honeymooning in Spain with his lovely new bride. It was a good time to catch up with family, and since the bartender didn't check ID, to try a few beverages. Now before anyone freaks out, I didn't actually get my own drink, but as usual mooched off the the people around me. I tried about 3 different wines, and they were all horrible in my humble opinion. According to one of my many cousins, if you don't like wine, it's because you haven't found your kind. Whatever. I'm not spending money on a bottle of some substance that's going to repeatedly kick me in the back of the teeth and suck my mouth dry.

Today was the first day on the job working for Klein ISD and I can already tell that this will be the easiest job I will ever have. I arrived at 6:30 this morning to clock in, but because of "orientation," we didn't start until 7. After I was assigned to a regular hand, we drove around for two hours addressing maintenence request all over the district. This meant that for two to three hours we were in the car driving through bad traffic (which meant I made 14-21 dollars for riding in an air-conditioned vehicle). Once that was done we started wiring cable in an elementary school so that the students can have televised announcements. After two hours, we finished two rooms.With an hour left in the day, we went back to the office and sat on our butts. So after spending half of my eight hour work day on my butt, I came home pretty well rested.


Dan

Oh yeah, and I now have 60ppl in my family

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger MW Rice said...

lunar told me the job is pretty sweet. that's really great man!
funny stuff about existentialism... it's not a negative thing! don't worry dan- you rock. come visit asap

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>argh<< what a wino! (and that's 60 ppl just on one side of your family! :o) {{Hugs}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home